Your healthcare website is one of the most important touch points in the patient experience. It is often the first place patients visit to get to know your organization and the services you provide.
As we shift into a new year, consider your healthcare website. If you do not have one, it is essential to create one. This should be a top priority. If you have a website but it may be outdated, it is time to take a look and revamp your content.
Websites are constantly evolving and creating content can feel overwhelming. Here at Practis, we are experts in making your website stand out and serve the needs of your patients.
Here are five main pages that your healthcare website absolutely needs.
1. About Us Page
This is a very clear place where you can explain what your practice does and what value you bring to patients.
- What makes you and your practice unique?
- What key values do you bring?
- How long have you been serving the community?
- What specialties do you have?
- What needs do you help resolve?
This page should be written in a way that is easy to read. It can be both professional and conversational. Sentences should be short and not bogged down with medical jargon or overwhelming facts. We can help you stand out and highlight your most important aspects.
2. Contact us Page
This page can help bring patients in the door. Remember that online, search engines can bring up locations that may not be in your area. On this page, you should have clear information about the location(s) of your practice.
- List your organization’s name, address, and phone number
- Consider an integrative map so patients can find you
- A form that auto-sends to your email is a great way to get in touch with patients but avoid email spam
3. Providers Page
The providers page will help patients connect with the people in your organization. Consider highlighting doctors, nurses, and other staff.
This page can include a short biography or something personal that can connect patients with your staff.
If you have a large number of providers, make sure the webpage is dynamic and easy to navigate so patients aren’t scrolling too far down the page to find what they are looking for.
Another nice touch is adding:
- Physician photos
- Photos from inside your clinic or facility
- Expertise, education, additional training
- A quote about their approach to patient care
- Community outreach summary or photos
4. Services Page
This is perhaps the most robust part of your website. Organizing services pages can feel overwhelming, but a clear structure is essential to make it easy to navigate for patients. We can help. The services pages will highlight your focus and expertise in healthcare.
- What services help you stand out?
- What services would patients be looking for when they visit your website?
- What do you have that can’t be found anywhere else?
5. Testimonials Page
The last essential page is one built around testimonials. This includes any positive feedback, reviews, or things your patients have said about your organization.
We can help you integrate apps to make this part of your website professional and effortless. We can also help the page auto generate new reviews and help you rank higher on search engines. This gives your website some more humanity. Many choose healthcare providers based on recommendations from a friend or loved one, and reading testimonials can feel similar to a friendly conversation.
Your testimonial page can answer the following:
- How do you serve your local health community?
- How do you solve key problems?
- How strong is your reputation?
At Practis, we can help you get on your way to refining or creating an effective website with these key pages.